Activities in Brief
In general, the responsibilities of the Transmission System Operator are:
- The efficient operation of the Transmission System
- To ensure, on a day-to-day basis, the availability of generation resources and ancillary services
- To ensure that the Transmission System is developed and maintained so that it sustains safety, reliability, security of supply, economic viability and efficiency
- To prepare and annually revise a ten-year development and investment plan of the Transmission System
- To operate the electricity market
- To ensure the co-ordinated operation of the Transmission and Distribution Systems by arriving to all necessary agreements with the DSO, which in the case of Cyprus is EAC.
- To prepare, revise, as necessary, and submit to CERA for approval the Transmission and Distribution Rules as well the Market Rules.
- To determine the connection and use of system charges and arrange for the charging of all those who use or intend to use the Transmission System for transferring the energy they produce to their Consumers
- To keep all necessary system records regarding the use of the Transmission System
- To prepare all necessary monthly accounts according to the exact operation of each Producer with respect to the energy used by his Consumers.